Re: [opensuse] Re: Hi
  • From: M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:47:12 -0600
On Thursday 01 February 2007 10:20, Robert Lewis wrote:
> Do you know of anyway to configure Firefox on a folder by folder bases
> to open
> at the bottom of the message therefor saving me the scroll down time for
> bottom posting?
Well, actually, that's part of the method to the madness...

... bottom posting is one of way stating (implying) that the poster has read
the stuff at the top. In other words, its a polite way to acknowledging what
the other person has said--- you recognize the other person's viewpoint by
posting "after" , and hopefully, by posting "within" their context.
Actually, bottom posting is the "minimum" etiquette. Relevant contextual
posting is the best.... comments interspersed (in context) following the
point made by the original poster.
Also, as I have done here, trimming is especially helpful. It doesn't make
sense to copy the "entire" previous post if you're only going to comment on
one sentence. Trim the stuff that doesn't matter, and post "after" the quoted
stuff.... true bottom posting. This is easy to do in kmail... just
highlight the area you will be commenting about and press the "l" key (for
list)... and the To: field will be filled in for the list (automatically) and
the text will be autotrimmed ready for you to fill in your comment at the
bottom... very cool.

--
Kind regards,

M Harris <><