Re: [opensuse] Applications question
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 07:07:16 +0100

Art Fore wrote:
> We have a Suse 10.1 file server at work using Samba. ( it was formally
> Redhad, but Suse is much easier to administer). It is present having
> Subversion installed on it and will have a postgress database for a
> partws database on it (prently using postgres locally for the
> database).
>
> One new requirement we need to fullfill is a defect entry program where
> we can enter hardware and/or software defects for record so they do not
> get lost and can be corrected. I have looked at MrProject before about
> two yearss ago, but it is very difficult to use and was not ready for
> prime time. I was thing of maybe using Drupal for something like this.
>
> Does anyone have any experience or wise advise on such a system using
> Apache server and webbrowser clients? Any input would be much
> appreciated.

You can use general-purpose bugtracker/ticket systems for that.
There are a few out there:
- - Bugzilla: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bugzilla/
- - Mantis: http://www.mantisbt.org/
- - Eventum: http://eventum.mysql.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
- - Flyspray: http://flyspray.rocks.cc/
- - Roundup: http://roundup.sourceforge.net/
- - Trac: http://trac.edgewall.org/
- - JTrac: http://jtrac.info/

And there's also JIRA. It's commercial (free for opensource projects)
but it's really, really good, not very expensive and the support is
great: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/

cheers
- --