Re: [opensuse] Interesting Boot Problem
  • From: M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:00:30 -0600
On Wednesday 31 January 2007 18:03, Stuart Knock wrote:
> I've
> changed
> nothing since the last boot except
This is user lie #742.

Well, when I was on the service desk and somebody tried to feed me lie #742 I
would always say, "That's great... 'cause if you changed nothing since the
last time it worked... it still works... have a nice day".
Almost invariably they would admit that there were a couple of hundred
insignificant things that they changed... but really they are certain NONE of
them have anything to do with this 'cause nothing else has been changed!

Outside of a massive illogical hardware failure (probably BIOS related) there
is no way that what is being described happened. This kind of stuff always
rips my heart out.

--
Kind regards,

M Harris <><