Re: [opensuse] KDE Census
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:18:18 -0600
On 1/31/07, John Bright <jhb01_suse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gnome form the start untill SuSE went kde 7.? then back when Novell
stepped in.

I like both (certain aspects) and am irritated by both. Have not
settled in yet. My first extended "full-time" linux desktop was KDE
with SUSE 9.3 - 10.0

Currently in the midst of an extended trial with GNOME, SLED 10 ...

I've found that KDE has more "tools at the ready" (I love fish, and
kssh, and and and) but it is also more cluttery, more disconnected,
less "designed with a purpose".

I've found GNOME to be, clean, more of it's parts integrated, as
though it was concieved as a whole (where KDE is more bits and
pieces). But, while thus far I can find all the tools I need, I often
have to FIND them. The "simplicity" sometimes helps clear the way,
sometimes gets in the way.

just my take, so far ....

Peter