Re: [opensuse] Dual boot vista/opensuse 10.2
  • From: M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:33:38 -0600
On Wednesday 31 January 2007 09:13, Dirk Gorissen wrote:
> Any tips/experiences appreciated.
Hi Dirk,

... did HP supply that system with a "recovery partition"... in other words,
is HP shipping that machine with a bootable option to restore the entire
system to "ship" defaults by installing from the recovery partition?
If so, there is a technique (I have used it several times with HP machines)
for repartitioning the drive, installing Suse, and then "recovering" the
original from the recovery partition.
Now for the caveat... I have only done this several times with XP... M$ may
have different rules (behaviors) for the vista preloads. On the other hand
(and a positive note) HP is probably trying to maintain some consistency with
their product line and the HP vista preloads probably work just like the XP
preloads did.

--
Kind regards,

M Harris <><