[opensuse] Applications question
  • From: Art Fore <art.fore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:32:36 +0800
We have a Suse 10.1 file server at work using Samba. ( it was formally
Redhad, but Suse is much easier to administer). It is present having
Subversion installed on it and will have a postgress database for a
partws database on it (prently using postgres locally for the
database).

One new requirement we need to fullfill is a defect entry program where
we can enter hardware and/or software defects for record so they do not
get lost and can be corrected. I have looked at MrProject before about
two yearss ago, but it is very difficult to use and was not ready for
prime time. I was thing of maybe using Drupal for something like this.

Does anyone have any experience or wise advise on such a system using
Apache server and webbrowser clients? Any input would be much
appreciated.

Art

BTW this corporate network is an all windows system, but we have a Linux
server so we can get around the IT meddling etc. and have some control
over what we want to do. For what it is doing now, it works perfectly
and one hell of a lot faster than the windows servers in Texas,
Singapore, and Europe. This is our only server on premisses.