Re: [opensuse] ssh problem from remote LAN
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:45:22 -0900
On Tuesday 30 January 2007, James D. Parra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Set up a SLES 10 server and although I can ssh to it from any box on the
> local LAN I can't get to it from a remote LAN even though I can ssh to any
> other box on the local LAN via ssh. All of the other servers are running
> Suse 9.1 to Suse 10, while the one I can't connect to remotely is running
> SLES 10.
>
> The sshd_config is identical to the other servers and the firewall is off.
> Nmap results show that the ssh port on the SLES 10 server is appearing as
> filtered from the remote network and open from the local LAN. Only the SLES
> 10 box has this behavior. Any ideas?

Since you seem to be connecting to the same port (192.168.0.6) regardless
of where you attempt to connect FROM, I can only assume the machine
has only a single nic, Is that right?

Therefore, a connection to that nic from a local machine is
going to the same port as a connection from another lan.

It seems to me that the firewall is not really off, or that
there is a subnetting mask error such that packets can't get
back from 192.168.0.6.

--
John Andersen