Re: [opensuse] Please help with Suse 10.2 install
  • From: Emily Berk <emily@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:49:16 -0800
Thanks for your suggestions. Some additional questions embedded below...

At 10:22 PM 1/30/2007 +0100, Verner =?utf-8?q?Kj=C3=A6rsgaard?= wrote:
>You shouldn't have any problems of the kind you report.
>
>I actually believe you may have a hw problem of some kind. Try another
>keyboard, not USB. Try another mouse, use a standard PS/2 type.

I have tried several keyboards, all PS/2. I've tried several mice, all PS/2. I will try USB, but don't have any of those at hand at the moment.

What's weird is that the thing hangs in the non-graphical mode as well, although it does recognize the keyboard in non-graphical mode.

>Check the BIOS settings, anything odd there?

What would be weird/what should I be looking for?

>You may run into trouble with the disks, in particular if the box has some
>kind of RAID-controller, but that's another story that we'll deal with if it
>arrives.
>
>One last hint; try booting the box with a Knoppix CD. This may give you a few
>hints too...

Will do.

Emily Berk
http://www.armadillosoft.com