Re: [opensuse] Please help with Suse 10.2 install
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:22:01 +0100
Tirsdag 30 januar 2007 22:06 skrev Alexey Eremenko:
> > Is there some way to install Suse Linux from Windows?
>
> You can install 10.2 on VM under Windows - VMware or VirtualPC 2004.
>
> > Or, other suggestions?
>
> Try other type of mouse/keyboard (try to switch from PS/2 ot USB or
> vice-versa). On my 4 Home systems it just works, with both of those.
> Try to get a different SUSE CD media and/or CD-ROM device. (can be
> external)
>
> I also run 10.2 on HP proliant server, and it works there too.

You shouldn't have any problems of the kind you report.

I actually believe you may have a hw problem of some kind. Try another
keyboard, not USB. Try another mouse, use a standard PS/2 type.
Check the BIOS settings, anything odd there?

You may run into trouble with the disks, in particular if the box has some
kind of RAID-controller, but that's another story that we'll deal with if it
arrives.

One last hint; try booting the box with a Knoppix CD. This may give you a few
hints too...