  • From: Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:03:16 +0100
Am Dienstag, 30. Januar 2007 schrieb Joe Morris (NTM):
> Charles philip Chan wrote:
> > On 29 Jan 2007, admin@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> especially because (as opposed to some posts in this discussion)
> >> there are NO car stereos with ogg support. not even a 1500$
> >> becker car stereo/navigation/coffeemaker/whatever device can
> >> play ogg.
> >
> > http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/StaticPlayers#Car_Audio

> Great link Charles!

not really.

most links in that list are either dead, or point to some cheap-ass
crap with not even a product description on its "homepage", and when
you hit the "dealer list" link on that "home page" you get an ebay
search.

sorry, but i'm not going to toss my 150€ in car stereo for some
plastic crap that sells on ebay for as low as 20$ for some
philosophical reasons, especially not if it also means that i'd have
to convert 40 gigs of mp3 files to ogg.

bye,
MH

--
gpg key fingerprint: 5F64 4C92 9B77 DE37 D184 C5F9 B013 44E7 27BD
763C