  • From: "Bryan S. Tyson" <bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:25:38 -0500
On Monday 29 January 2007 06:37, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> Meanwhile, we have no
> choice but use mp3. That's life.

The existence of ogg means that we do have a choice. I never said anything
about forcing anyone to release content in ogg. What I said was, if the
content is mp3 only, reject it. Do not use, and especially do not pay for,
mp3 files. Insisting on open formats means less content to choose from.
Apparently you (and sadly, most of the public) would rather be enslaved to
the whims of patent holders than give up some entertainment choices and be
free.

Bryan