[opensuse] Keeping windows on workspaces?
  • From: Justin Schoeman <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:53:33 +0200
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to opensuse 10.2, and switched to gnome+metacity.

Everything works great, but I have one problem that I can't seem to
figure out. I am one of those users that use a lot of workspaces, and
place specific applications on each workspace. In my case, firefox is
on workspace 7, and thunderbird on workspace 8.

However, whenever I click on a URL in an email (using thunderbird on
workspace 8), firefox is moved to the current workspace (workspace 8)
and focussed.

I would like to configure it so that firefox remains on workspace 7, but
workspace 7 becomes active. KDE works like this, and Metacity 2.16.3 on
my friend's Gentoo box also works this way. It seems that only Metacity
under opensuse has this problem.

Any ideas on how to configure it to work the way I want?

Thanks,
Justin