  • From: Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:56:16 +0100
Am Montag, 29. Januar 2007 14:08:20 schrieb Zhang Weiwu:

> > STOP USING MP3! USE OGG!
>
> Support this!!! => to the extent not frighten people away from using
> Linux because it chose to support ogg in place of mp3
>
> Every single sound file I produced is in ogg format! But we are talking
> about reading other people's file ...

We're talking about consumer hardware here.

Face it. I have a ~~40gig collection of mp3 files, all of which are rips made
from my own cd collection. Ripping for your own use is legal here in .de. I
made most of those rips back when there was still music available on cd that
i wanted to have, under windows, with xing audiocatalyst which i bought.

Now, I have a car stereo that can play mp3 from data cdroms.

and you say I should switch to ogg for some philosophical reasons?
not gonna happen, man.

especially because (as opposed to some posts in this discussion) there are NO
car stereos with ogg support. not even a 1500$ becker car
stereo/navigation/coffeemaker/whatever device can play ogg.

bye,
MH