[opensuse] Wireless Network Problem
  • From: Art Fore <art.fore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:48:29 +0800
Sometimes, my wireless network on Latitude D820 under Suse 10.d start
beeping and /var/log/messages files says it is loosing a link status,
then acquires again, then looses again, each time giving a beeb. What is
causing this? No one else running Windows has the problem and when I
dual boot into WinXP, it also does not do it. If I issue ifplugd -i eth1
-k it stops it, but of course, stopping the network also. I do a ifplugd
-i eth1 and route defualt gw 192.168.11.1 and it wll be OK for awhile.
Is there anyway to turn off the beeping and any suggestions for this
strange behaviour?

Art