[opensuse] cron job email attachment.bin
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:04:19 +0000
My daily backup script on a server mails the output to me (it's a cron
job run by root). Recently, instead of sending me a plain text email
message, it's started sending me an empty email with an attachment
called 'attachment.bin'. This is just a plain text file with the same
old content.

Does anybody know how to make it send me plain text messages again?

The only notable difference I can see in the messages is this header:

I certainly haven't deliberately changed any settings, but is there a
setting somewhere that controls this header? Does it depend on the
settings on intermediate boxes that the mail passes through?

The server is running Suse 9.2.

Thanks and regards,
Dave Howorth