Re: [opensuse] [little survey] who's using...
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:33:55 +0100
On Thursday 25 January 2007 01:04, Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know who's using KDE in here, in the place of GNOME?
> As well as the distribution has decide to "switch" to GNOME, who stayed
> faithfull to KDE?
>
> Optionnal question: is there a big team yet that maintains KDE and
> K*/Qt* apps in OpenSuSe? In other words, as _open_Suse is an almost
> community driven distro, has "community" blindly followed Novell's
> choice or is there competent people that decided to stay KDE based?

KDE here for us and our users. That is not to say we do not use GTK/GNOME
apps. Like evolution. In the best of worlds, I want to run apps from both
camps with no concern for the desktop. Perhaps with the porting of KDE 4.0
apps (not the KDE desktop or window manager) to MAC OS-X, there will develop
a more defined interface between the desktop and the app itself.

--
Roger Oberholtzer
OPQ Systems AB