Re: [opensuse] Re: enable 3d -- disabled keyboard???
  • From: Tom Patton <thpnalb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:41:52 -0700
On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 20:48 -0600, Peter Van Lone wrote:
> On 1/28/07, Peter Van Lone <petervl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> is there a keyboard conf file, or something, that might have been
> modified to screw this up? Where should I start looking?
Maybe the list is messed up right now, seems to be very low traffic...

I'm thinking if you can logon in console mode, don't run "startx", but
instead su to root, and try running "sax2". You should find a section
for the keyboard there.
If that fails, you could boot from your install disk, and on the
third-or-so screen, instead of install choose "repair installed system".
Hopefully one of those routes will replace the corrupted keyboard
configuration in X.

Tom