Re: [opensuse] Re: enable 3d -- disabled keyboard???
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:26:30 -0600
On 1/28/07, Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was beginning to wonder if you had fried your keyboard somehow, but it
works at the console <whew> :-)

The X keyboard configuration is in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and the section
looks similar to this:

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "kbd"
Identifier "Keyboard[0]"
Option "Protocol" "Standard"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
EndSection

thnx Darryl --

more info: I am able to do alt+(one of the F keys) to get to a console
screen. And,. there, the keyboard also works.

Something else I have found .... the sound icon in the panel shows
disabled (the red x on it) and when I click on it, it says something
about not having the correct gstreamer something or other, and/or not
having a sound card installed! Is it possible this is because I came
in via "failsafe"?

Also .. when I VI xorg.conf, the keyboard section looks exactly like yours.

What now? I really need this laptop for work, tommorow. gees ...

Peter