[opensuse] Re: enable 3d -- disabled keyboard???
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:17:39 -0600
On 1/28/07, Peter Van Lone <petervl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SLED 10

The story of how I got here is below. What is happening is this: when
the system boots, I can use the keyboard to select the regular SLED OS
choice, or the "safe" one, but once it gets to the login screen, the
keyboard does not seem to work. I cannot type my user name into the
username field. The mouse works, I can choose session properties, etc
... but I cannot login.

huh -- if I choose the "failsafe" boot optioon I can login fine. Then,
doing "startx", the gui loads fine. Programs launch properly, my
profile seems fine ... but the keyboard does not work. At all. No
special key sequences, nothing.

huh

Peter