Re: [opensuse] Root Login
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:24:51 -0900
On Sunday 28 January 2007, russbucket wrote:
> OpenSUSE 10.2 using KDM login screen. I have an icon for the root user to
> login. In 10.0 there was a parameter to remove this login which I tought I
> changed in YaST/Sysconfig or KDE Control Center.

It is changed in Configure Desktop (Personal settings) and requires
administrative mode button click to get at this setting/

> I do not find it there. I
> noticed in YAST/ security/Manage Users their is a check box in the individual
> profile to check if you want to inhibit login.

That inhibits login period. Probably not a good idea for root.

> If I check this in the root
> profile will it still allow the su login to work for root?

Don't know for sure.

Is the idea to get rid of the root icon from the log in screen
or to prevent root from logging in?

--
John Andersen