Re: [opensuse] Still trying to get DVD to work
  • From: steve reilly <sfreilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 16:53:10 -0500

> > Yast knows
> > when the distro DVD is loaded, but that's it. I have fought with this
> > problem since I installed 10.2 on 7Jan07 and it is to the point that if I
> > cannot resolve the issue, I am kissing Suse goodbye, as the system is
> > almost worthless to me if I cannot use the cd/dvd drive.

who owns the drive?

who are you signed in as when trying to access the drive?

at some point drive permissions must have been changed, maybe have been
changed to root only read? the default is set to let everyone read and see
the drive.

this would explain why only yast sees it, you have to sign in as root to use
yast.

why dont you change the drive back to let everyone read it?

sign in as root, open konqueror, find the drive, right click, choose
properties, its obvious how to change from there. good luck.

only idea I have.

--
4:40pm up 7 days 4:48, 3 users, load average: 0.46, 0.55, 0.62