  • From: "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:26:16 +0100
On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 08:14:06 AM -0800, Charles R. Buchanan
(charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I still stand by my thoughts and the analogy is still the same.
> You can "hide" behind the "different license" stand.

Hide my foot. That is _not_ a stand of mine, is the concrete status of
things today. Whether you or I approve it or not is another thing: but
today every author *has* the legal right, within some limits
established by law, to license its license creative works or software
in wildly different ways.

Discussing of how things _ought_ to be is something else: first it's
necessary to get right how they stand today, and the confusion in this
thread (not necessarily from you) shows there's still a lot to walk in
that direction.

Hope this helps. Have a nice evening,

Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73