  • From: Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:19:57 +0100
On Sunday 28 January 2007 11:23, Zhang Weiwu wrote:

> * Rhymbox is not able to play mp3, as far as I know no package in
> packman can help that * BMP which rely on gstreamer cannot play mp3.
> I still don't know any package on packman can help (please correct
> me, help greatly appreiated because I started searching several days
> agao)

Then you didn't do a very good search. Takes about 2 minutes to put the
packman repo in install sources, and then search for whatever program
suits your needs. When a search for XMMS as an example comes up, it
lists the versions from suse, AND the version from packman. Gee, select
the version from packman and install it. It's not hard.

> how do we interprate the fact Helix is removed from non-oss section?
> (it was there.) As far as I know it's perfectly legal to distribute
> this package. Current situation: Helix is not existing in official
> repository, not in SuSE Guru, not in Packman. (This page shows I am
> not the only person confused on why Helix is removed.
> http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=28227
> But glad to know at least it's not removed from SuSE Enterprise
> Linux Desktop, in which Helix-banshee is installed by default)

Everything you said is WRONG. Out of the box, yes, they don't work, but
adding one repo, and they all work. I know. I've done it on two
separate machines. Helix is available on the non-oss disk. Wasn't too
hard to find. Just did a search with the yast installer. It's there
along with all the other stuff including the gstream addon. Are you
sure you did this correctly? If you did, then something is wrong with
your setup.

Mike