  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:15:49 +0100
M. Fioretti wrote:
On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 11:06:31 AM +0100, jdd (jdd@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

the rising of more and more web sites like myspace or youtube that
spreads all over the world music and videos, on a completely illegal
maner, it's right, makes it very difficult now to ask for mp3
privacy.

No. Why do you say so? How music and video (="content") are spread and
licensed has _nothing_ to do with how the *software* to play them is
distributed and licensed. In both ways.

because what is played on these sites are mp3's and made by users. I wonder if most of these users have a licence to _build_ mp3's

No again. This is like saying that, if an artist doesn't want to paid
for his or her music, this puts the makers of DVD players in a very
difficult position. These are two completely separate issues.

I don't speak of content but of file format. how do you think the uploaded files are made of?

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Votez pour nous, merci - vote for us, thanks :-)