  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:51:23 +0100
On Sunday 28 January 2007 11:23, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> * Rhymbox is not able to play mp3, as far as I know no package in packman
> can help that

No idea

> * BMP which rely on gstreamer cannot play mp3. I still don't
> know any package on packman can help (please correct me, help greatly
> appreiated because I started searching several days agao)

http://packman.links2linux.de/package/bmp

Install and play

> * Totem cannot play mp3 which also rely on gstreamer, non of packman's
> package can help

Wrong

http://packman.links2linux.de/package/totem

plus

http://packman.links2linux.de/package/xine-lib

can play it perfectly well

> * XMMS cannot play mp3 and non of packman's package can help.

How about
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/xmms

> * Banshee is not able to play mp3 and the only package can help is
> helix, which is not found on packman, nor on official repository.

Ihave no idea about this, why this was removed. Someone else will have to
answer this one