  • From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:23:35 +0800
在 2007-01-28日的 10:54 +0100,Anders Johansson写道:
> On Sunday 28 January 2007 08:42, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> > 在 2007-01-27六的 21:28 -0600,M Harris写道:

> > > As we sometimes say in America, "You're preaching to the choir".
> > >
> > > ... we are getting upset for this also... :-))
> > >
> > > <sign>
> > >
> > > But my friend, it isn't going to change any time soon.
> >
> > I believe you already know how important this issue is, this issue
> > itself can lead a lot of user goes to Ubuntu and a lot other
> > distributions,
>
> If people are willing to break the law with Ubuntu, they can do so in SUSE as
> well. All the packages you need are available at packman.links2linux.org. But
> the law being what it is, it's just not legal to distribute, not for SUSE,
> not for Ubuntu, not for anyone.

* Rhymbox is not able to play mp3, as far as I know no package in packman can help that
* BMP which rely on gstreamer cannot play mp3. I still don't know any
package on packman can help (please correct me, help greatly appreiated
because I started searching several days agao)
* Totem cannot play mp3 which also rely on gstreamer, non of packman's
package can help
* XMMS cannot play mp3 and non of packman's package can help.
* Banshee is not able to play mp3 and the only package can help is
helix, which is not found on packman, nor on official repository.

There are all solutions to the problems listed above, all of them
require commandline skill (several solutions that do not require
commandline skill, like installing gstream-mad and gstream-ugly, tested
not working for me).

The only package I know that plays mp3 thanks to packman is MPlayer.

> The only thing legal to distribute are
> licensed players, and for that, there is RealPlayer/Helix

how do we interprate the fact Helix is removed from non-oss section? (it
was there.) As far as I know it's perfectly legal to distribute this
package. Current situation: Helix is not existing in official
repository, not in SuSE Guru, not in Packman. (This page shows I am not
the only person confused on why Helix is removed.
http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=28227
But glad to know at least it's not removed from SuSE Enterprise Linux
Desktop, in which Helix-banshee is installed by default)