Re: [opensuse] Not Recognizing USB wifi device on boot
  • From: "John R. Sowden" <jsowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 02:13:55 -0800
On Sun January 28 2007 02:07, John R. Sowden wrote:
> I have a wifi usb device on my suse 9.3 computer. whenever I boot, the usb
> device is not recognized. The green led on the device does not come on.
> After booting, if I unplug the device and plug it back in, then it is
> recognized. I run kwifimanager and all is ok. I can then access the net.
> I attempted to write a script to 'restart' the hotplug devices, but it does
> not work. my concern, other than combatting my laziness of having to
> unplug/plug the device each time I boot, is that eventually the gold on the
> usb connector will wear away, and I will be left with an intermittent
> connection.
I forgot to add:
I went to the F10 screen (error messages?) and found the following:
linux kernel: usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
linux kernel: usb 1-1: device not accepting address 4, error -71
linux kernel: usb 1-1: device not accepting address 5, error -71

Hope this helps
--
John R. Sowden
AMERICAN SENTRY SYSTEMS, INC.