[opensuse] Not Recognizing USB wifi device on boot
  • From: "John R. Sowden" <jsowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 02:07:35 -0800
I have a wifi usb device on my suse 9.3 computer. whenever I boot, the usb
device is not recognized. The green led on the device does not come on.
After booting, if I unplug the device and plug it back in, then it is
recognized. I run kwifimanager and all is ok. I can then access the net.
I attempted to write a script to 'restart' the hotplug devices, but it does
not work. my concern, other than combatting my laziness of having to
unplug/plug the device each time I boot, is that eventually the gold on the
usb connector will wear away, and I will be left with an intermittent
connection.

--
John R. Sowden
AMERICAN SENTRY SYSTEMS, INC.