  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:54:01 +0100
On Sunday 28 January 2007 08:42, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> 在 2007-01-27六的 21:28 -0600,M Harris写道:
>
> > On Saturday 27 January 2007 20:20, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> > > As I recently discovered it is not very easy to enable mp3 on most
> > > media players of OpenSuSE (except RealPlayer). I am getting upset for
> > > this
> >
> > As we sometimes say in America, "You're preaching to the choir".
> >
> > ... we are getting upset for this also... :-))
> >
> > <sign>
> >
> > But my friend, it isn't going to change any time soon.
>
> I believe you already know how important this issue is, this issue
> itself can lead a lot of user goes to Ubuntu and a lot other
> distributions,

If people are willing to break the law with Ubuntu, they can do so in SUSE as
well. All the packages you need are available at packman.links2linux.org. But
the law being what it is, it's just not legal to distribute, not for SUSE,
not for Ubuntu, not for anyone. The only thing legal to distribute are
licensed players, and for that, there is RealPlayer/Helix