Re: [opensuse] ADSL Modem Manual
  • From: "John Pierce" <john.j35@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 13:35:28 -0600
M. Harris and Carl, the machine was configured to use dhcp for its ip,
he has no problem getting connected. They set that part up for him, I
want to be able to open the firewall and allow me to ssh into his
computer as he has a sound driver issue and it would be easier for me
to fix it than explain it to him.

I am sure that his machine would give up the default gateway with
ifconfig, but I would like to be able to talk him through the menus
and options to change his firewall configuration in the modem.

Thank you for the dslreports link, I forgot about them.

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org