Re: [opensuse] Postfix - Allow myself to relay - Sandy?
From: "Sandy Drobic" <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
david rankin wrote:
Mates (Sandy in particular)

How do I configure postfix to allow myself and other specific users to relay mail across the server? Say I'm at home and I want to send mail outbound from my server at work using Outlook. Since my server doesn't allow any relaying, the send fails -- as it should. Where do I configure postfix to say, "hey if it's david, it's OK"

Most of the time it depends on your choice of imap/pop3 server. Which one do you use? If you do implement sasl auth, you might as well go all the way and have an imap server and a web interface accessable from everywhere. (^-^)

Thanks Sandy, and I do. I have squirrellmail and egroupware that allow me to do it. I was trying to get outlook express to do the same (ducking -- I know it sucks). Right now I have UW Imap on the server. I'll check into sasl. Thanks!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
510 Ochiltree Street