[opensuse] Re: Re: CrossOver and Visio
  • From: Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:23:55 +0100
Hans van der Merwe wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 12:31 +0100, Eberhard Roloff wrote:
>> Zhang Weiwu wrote:
>>
>> > 在 2007-01-26五的 12:09 +0200,Alexey Eremenko写道:

>> > Maybe he already did or maybe this is a SuSE specific issue?
>> >
>> > People use CrossOver for a lot of reasons. I myself is a big Opensource
>> > Software lover but I myself also very interested in how to get
>> > crossover work better because there are 100 viso files in our company's
>> > file server that I have to work on. Switch to Windows or find a way to
>> > run visio on my SuSE, that's my situation and the poster might get
>> > stuck like this too.
>> >
>> > I knew OpenOffice Draw can be used to draw all these 100 files, no
>> > missing feature! But these 100 files are not made by me. Sorry the
>> > truth: we are living in the world that we needs to be compatible with
>> > other people.
>>
>> Hi,
>> I fully agree with you. The world we live it is a windows world.
>> However my conclusion is different.
>> As things are, Linux is not for anyone. If you want to use Linux and
>> crossover does not cut it for you, you can always help develop wine to do
>> it properly or --simply use Windows for the task-- I cannot see why Linux
>> should be compatible with anything that is there in the world. If you
>> want or need to use visio, then use viso.
>>
>> regards
>> Eberhard
>>

> Sorry for the confusion - I only wanted to know if everyone else is also
> experiencing redraw slowdown on Suse with XOver and Visio - just so that
> I know I can trash the idea or not.
> Thats it.
> According to XOver they support Visio Standard 2003.
>

> E-Mail disclaimer:
> http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm
And this is perfectly ok.

When I was working for novell, it was known there that cxoffice has a VERY
good support group that _really_ cares for and fixes any bug that is
reported for an application that cxover claims to be working.

At the time we had similar problems with the Lotus Notes Client on cxover
and they fixed it instantly.

Maybe they continued to be a great support group?

regards
Eberhard