[opensuse] Re: CrossOver and Visio
  • From: Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:31:14 +0100
Zhang Weiwu wrote:

> 在 2007-01-26五的 12:09 +0200,Alexey Eremenko写道:
>> Well, Cross-Over is not Free software, that is not included with
>> openSUSE, so we cannot help.
>>
>> Please contact Cross-Over technical support.
>
> Maybe he already did or maybe this is a SuSE specific issue?
>
> People use CrossOver for a lot of reasons. I myself is a big Opensource
> Software lover but I myself also very interested in how to get crossover
> work better because there are 100 viso files in our company's file
> server that I have to work on. Switch to Windows or find a way to run
> visio on my SuSE, that's my situation and the poster might get stuck
> like this too.
>
> I knew OpenOffice Draw can be used to draw all these 100 files, no
> missing feature! But these 100 files are not made by me. Sorry the
> truth: we are living in the world that we needs to be compatible with
> other people.

Hi,
I fully agree with you. The world we live it is a windows world.
However my conclusion is different.
As things are, Linux is not for anyone. If you want to use Linux and
crossover does not cut it for you, you can always help develop wine to do
it properly or --simply use Windows for the task-- I cannot see why Linux
should be compatible with anything that is there in the world. If you want
or need to use visio, then use viso.

regards
Eberhard