Re: [opensuse] [little survey] who's using...
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:19:46 -0800
On Thursday 25 January 2007 00:01, Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 07:05 +0000, James Ogley wrote:
> > Hmmm, the poster has a history of hopping around distro mailing lists
> > and asking strange questions. Why, only this month he was interested
> > in
> > switching to FVWM on Gentoo. He's hit the Fedora list, Mandrake's
> > Cooker list and the Debian lists. Guess we're next.
>
> "The poster" is looking for the distribution he will use.
> I heard some good things about fvwm and tried it.
> I assisted a Novell conference in Paris this summer, and was impressed
> by two or three things in the SLED/SLES, then I try it. What's wrong?

Nothing - it just appears to be a "trollish" move when you post so often.

> I knwo use Emacs, but begin to wonder if I could/should not use a more
> modern tool such as KDevelop, as well as I use KDevelop supported
> langages (Python, C, shell script,...)

Ahh...in general I'd say you just pick one and go with it. Pretty much no
matter which desktop people choose - XFCE, Blackbox, KDE, Gnome - the
libraries to support others exist.

As I mentioned in my original response, I use KDE. However, I use several
applications like GIMP and Pan (AFAIK) that use the GNOME libraries. Being
Linux, there isn't a problem intermixing.

Here's a good example I took under 10.0 (I think) of my system running
Blackice with GIMP, LBreakout and KNode all running.

> I also subscribed Xen, mailman, xfce, openoffice, etc... mailing lists.
> Will you say I am wrong?
>
> English is not my mother tongue langage, resulting in a strange (even
> bad) way of expression. And what? you would get the same noticed if you
> try to write/speak a langage you dont practice.

lol!

I still remember trying to speak German to an East German soldier one time and
almost getting arrested because I was saying the wrong word...

--
kai

closing the doors that surround me
so no one will ever penetrate
complete my retreat just to wait for the day
that never comes so i will laugh alone