Re: [opensuse] Re: updater and purging items from an unused repo ...
  • From: Don Raboud <don.raboud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:05:49 -0700
On Wednesday 24 January 2007 13:45, Peter Van Lone wrote:
> On 1/24/07, Peter Van Lone <petervl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > damn, thought I had it. I unloaded the updater, and then did this:
> >
> > rczmd stop
> > rm /var/lib/zmd/zmd.db
> > rczmd start
> >
> > Then reloaded the updater and did a refresh. And, it is STILL chock
> > full of "gnome repo" goodies that I do not want!
>
> so, I guess now it worked ... I think inititally I copied the zmd.db
> to a new name, and did not rm the original one.
>
> Anyway ... now, when I go into the updater, there are only 8 updates
> available, and they are generic "SUSE Linux 10.1 FTP" and etc ... none
> of the items that should have been available from the packman and
> other repos that would then get me multimedia support.
>
> GRRRR
>
> I'm trying to follow the jem report ... any ideas here, folks?

I had something very similar happen not long ago. After
removing /var/lib/zmd/zmd.db and doing a 'rug refresh' I had only two updates
available, *both were the same*, something like

Suse_10.1_dvd_x86_64

I don't remember exactly, but there was "dvd" and "64" in there and I don't
even have a 64 bit system :-(

It eventually just went away, and one day, a few days later, I had regular
updates again. I did not remove and reinstall the installation sources, and
I did not run YAST online-update either in that period of time, although they
might have been useful approaches. I don't recall, but I may have rebooted
in that time, but not immediately before it started working.

One thing you might want to try is to drop to runlevel 1 and then back to 5
(or rebooting for a more drastic step). This seems to sometimes help ZEN/ZMD
along when merely stopping/restarting ZMD doesn't quite do it.

Hope this helps.

--
Don