Re: [opensuse] my internet hub prefers windoze to linux!
  • From: kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:10:12 -1000
On Wednesday 24 January 2007 20:40, Tom Patton wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 23:36 -0600, M Harris wrote:
> > I would recommend the Skylink 8 Port switch... relatively inexpensive,
> > and very fast (does 10/100,. and keeps track of 100 or 10 separately) for
> > the money for a wired network.
>
> I'd suggest buying a gigabit switch to cover future upgrades. My 2-yr
> old Asus MB interface is gig, and a gig card in the kids computer was
> very inexpensive...and blazing fast! I have the 5-port Linksys EG005W,
> and it handles /10 (HP Laserjet printer) /100 (2 laptops) &/1000 (2
> pc's) flawlessly. But definately toss the hub!
> Tom

Thanks for the suggestion, there is no question that the hardware will be
changed. But I am curious why only my suse operation gets hit. Even the
vmware virtual network card vmnet1, which is mapped to eth0 manages to pull
and push its packets cleanly thru eth0! I think i will install a linux
virtual machine before i switch, just curious if the packets see the
difference!!!