[opensuse] my internet hub prefers windoze to linux!
  • From: kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:07:21 -1000
I have a cable modem, connected to a 4 port hub for my home network. The two
most active ports are the ones connected to my linux box and my son's hub. He
usually runs just his xp box, maybe another machine. Occasionally he hooks up
4-5 machines and plays games over the net with his buddies, all hooked up to
his hub. When he does that, my linux box essentially loses all contact with
the net. Kmail, konqueror, firefox, opera etc, all freeze up in my linux box,
both under suse10.1 and 10.2. The maddening thing is that if i fire up vmware
and start a windoze virtual machine inside my linux, it has *no* problem
accessing the net!!!!
There must be an explanation for this, but I know too little to come up with
it. What do the gurus say?