Re: [opensuse] [little survey] who's using...
  • From: steve reilly <sfreilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:57:58 -0500
On Wednesday 24 January 2007 20:29, Doug McGarrett wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I would like to know who's using KDE in here, in the place of GNOME?
> > As well as the distribution has decide to "switch" to GNOME, who stayed
> > faithfull to KDE?

after switching from 2000, then XP 4 years ago, I used KDE for about 3
years..... I installed another OS (debian) for a web server, and tried out
gnome for a bit. For some reason, It kind of stuck on subsequent installs or
upgrades of suse. Although I do still use quite a few packages from KDE,
just not the desktop...

2 desktops using gnome on opensuse. (mine)

1 server, gnome but rarely use the desktop for anything. (lug)

1 laptop, KDE, on opensuse. (13yr old sons)

i do occasionally boot into KDE to see what has changed, but I think it
reminds me too much of windows, I prefer to stay with basic gnome. I think
they are both just as capable as the other though.