Re: [opensuse] [feature-request] password strength meter in Yast (was: passwordless users in Yast)
  • From: Peter Bradley <P.Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:53:59 +0000
Ysgrifennodd Alexey Eremenko:
Yes, what I want, is that Yast allow me to create a user account, but
a passwordless one (currently impossible) during SUSE install. For
one-user (home) it's a non-problem as I trust people that I live with
(my family).

Alexey,

Why can't you just accept that your security model is different from the one that most of us have (me included). If it's so important to you to have the option of a password-less account at installation time, don't use SUSE. Use Linspire, or Windows or something.

But if this is your only beef with SUSE, you really are making a mountain out of a molehill.

We don't agree with you. SUSE doesn't agree with you. Nothing is going to change no matter how much you protest. So get over it. I, for one, think this thread has gone on for far too long and won't be contributing again. Everything that needs to be said has, IMHO, been said.

'Bye Alexey.

Peter