Re: [opensuse] Postfix Qwerkiness
  • From: "Brian Blater" <brb.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:01:17 -0500
On 1/24/07, Jon Clausen <jon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
This should definitely work.

From /etc/sysconfig/postfix:

# POSTFIX_ADD_*
# You may add any existing postfix parameter here. Just execute the
# postconf command to get a complete list. You then have to uppercase
# the parameter and prepend POSTFIX_ADD_.

- so it *should* work like this;

POSTFIX_ADD_MYORIGIN="$mydomain"

I've done stuff like that a number of times (albeit with other parameters)
and it's always worked as advertised. Usually I add comments above the
parameter, so everything looks good in YaST (System -> /etc/sysconfig editor
-> Mail -> Postfix) afterwards;

## Type: string
## Default: none
# Short explanation about *why* I added $some_variable
POSTFIX_ADD_SOME_VARIABLE="some value or other"

That is exactly what I thought. Howerver, when I executed it and then
ran SuSEconfig, postconf myorigin showed myorigin = . I then saw in
/var/log/mail - fatal: bad string length 0 < 1: myorigin = . I
promptly changed the POSTFIX_ADD_MYORIGIN="domain.com" and it worked.

This is a 10.2 box postfix-2.3.2-28 if that changes anything.

Brian