Re: [opensuse] Postfix Qwerkiness
  • From: Jon Clausen <jon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:31:16 +0100
On Wed, 24 Jan, 2007 at 10:45:26 -0500, Brian Blater wrote:
> On 1/24/07, Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

> >myorigin = $mydomain
>
> This was set to $myhostname. I can't change myorigin via YAST so I
> tried to add the myorigin=$mydomain via the /etc/sysconfig/postfix
> file and it doesn't like the variable reference ($mydomain). It just
> strips it and leaves myorigin blank.

This should definitely work.

>From /etc/sysconfig/postfix:

# POSTFIX_ADD_*
# You may add any existing postfix parameter here. Just execute the
# postconf command to get a complete list. You then have to uppercase
# the parameter and prepend POSTFIX_ADD_.

- so it *should* work like this;

POSTFIX_ADD_MYORIGIN="$mydomain"

I've done stuff like that a number of times (albeit with other parameters)
and it's always worked as advertised. Usually I add comments above the
parameter, so everything looks good in YaST (System -> /etc/sysconfig editor
-> Mail -> Postfix) afterwards;

## Type: string
## Default: none
# Short explanation about *why* I added $some_variable
POSTFIX_ADD_SOME_VARIABLE="some value or other"

HTH
/Jon
--
YMMV