Re: [opensuse] Postfix Qwerkiness
  • From: "Brian Blater" <brb.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:45:26 -0500
On 1/24/07, Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Brian Blater wrote:
- do you actually want mail from/to the domain mail.pure-energy.net?
Otherwise it it much simpler to just tell Postfix not to accept or
generate mails to/from that domain.

Correct - I don't want mail from mail.pure-energy.net. It should be
pure-energy.net

main.cf:
mydomain = pure-energy.net

Already set

myorigin = $mydomain

This was set to $myhostname. I can't change myorigin via YAST so I
tried to add the myorigin=$mydomain via the /etc/sysconfig/postfix
file and it doesn't like the variable reference ($mydomain). It just
strips it and leaves myorigin blank. So, I have to explicitly set
myorigin = pure-energy.net in this file unless there is a way to set
it in YAST and from the previous discuss about this it is either
manually edit the main.cf file and no longer make the changes using
YAST or remove the MD5 file it generates after manually editing the
file. For now, I'll stick with YAST, but I may go back to the manual
edits of postfix (as I did many moons ago).

relay_domains = pure-energy.net
relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients

Already set this way.

/etc/postfix/relay_recipients:
vscan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OK

I don't want outside mail addresses to vscan so I have not added this
to the relay_recipients file.

/etc/postfix/transport:
pure-energy.net relay:[1.2.3.4]

This is setup using smtp: instead of relay: Should it be changed to
relay? It sounds like relay is the recommended transport to internal
systems.

Changes made and now working. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You are
the queen of postfix in my book. myorigin was the kicker. I have now
researched the myorigin option and have a much better understanding of
what it does. One thing I did notice is that after postfix appends the
myorigin setting to the vscan user, it doesn't look it up in the
virtual file and use the alias. It just sends it directly to the
inside mail server listed in the transport for the relay domain. No
big deal I can handle that by a quick alias on the inside mail server,
just wondering why it works that way.

Thanks again for all your help. I now feel a little more comfortable
with postfix.
Brian