Re: [opensuse] Clone a machine ?
  • From: Brian Jackson <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:18:38 -0800
On Tuesday 23 January 2007 23:48, Frank Bonnet wrote:

> Is there a tool in Opensuse 10.2 to "clone" a machine , that is I
> define a master with all desired softwares and network/NFS/LDAP ...
> configuration, then I am able to install many others machines with
> the same conf.
> There is such tool in HP-UX called IGNITE , would be great if
> Opensuse have a similar tool.

Haven't used it in a while, but give SystemImager a look. I started
using it back in 2001, even got some changes added :)

Used it a lot in 2002-2004 for cloning ordering stations for the other
sports photography company I do work for. We've migrated to a
different model now, but it was really fast when we did use it.

good luck,
brian

--
Brian Jackson Photo