Re: [opensuse] Re: Wireless setup [OT]
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:36:35 -0900
On Tuesday 23 January 2007 07:01, Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Hi,
> [...]
>
> >> So, has anyone of you some hints what to try next to get connected ?
> >> P.S. as far as I know there are no other transmitters in that band
> >> (2.4GHz ?) at home.
>
> My next step would be to place my wireless enabled and positvely tested!!!,
> working notebook just an inch away from the access point and make this
> setting work.

Actually, I've had a bit of trouble connecting when just an inch away.
Signal too strong and swamps the laptop wireless.

Moving two meters away always seems to work better.

I agree that you should always test with a clear line of site.

----Other posters mentioned cell phones. I often sit with a laptop
on my lap and cell phone beside it or in my pocket, and have
never had any problem. Even when talking on the phone.

--
John Andersen