Re: [opensuse] Epson CX5400 Scanning
  • From: "John Pierce" <john.j35@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:10:25 -0600
First, using yast software manager, smart, or even the command line
with the command rpm -qa | grep scan and see if iscan-free is
installed.

I have an Epson CX6600 installed and it was detected with yast
correctly, I believe that this is because I have iscan-free installed.
It will allow you to use the Epkowa driver. You can read about it at
the following location
http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_spc.html they even have a
proprietary driver that you can download.

Just by installing iscan-free you will have the necessary entries to
id the scanner to the usb subsystem.

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org