Re: [opensuse] Postfix Qwerkiness
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:53:21 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Okay, you've got me there. Since I usually modify settings directly I never
tried to do it the Yast way. The one thing I would like to remember is where
in Yast the setting was to tell Yast NOT to touch the Postfix configuration.

There are also a few settings common to postfix or sendmail in "/etc/sysconfig/mail". One of them is "MAIL_CREATE_CONFIG". If you set it to no, Yast will not even try to create or modify the mail configuration; but I find easier to let Yast create an initial sensible configuration, then tailor it to my liking, than starting from scratch.

Very nice to know. I will probably set this as the very first thing during every installation. When I tried to do the initial configuration with yast I became confused and couldn't relate the dialogues with the settings I wanted to use, so I broke off and did everything manually again.

Sandy

--
List replies only please!