Re: [opensuse] firefox locale
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 23:40:31 -0600
On 2007-01-20 14:21, Istvan Gabor wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have set my desktop's locale/language to Hungarian. Most
> of the applications changed the language (menus, icons etc)
> to Hungarian after this except Firefox. After startup
> firefox shows the default English menus.
> How could I fix this? The firefox translations package is
> installed.

I don't know how similar Firefox is to Seamonkey, but in the latter,
there are two user prefs that seem relevant. The first is
intl.locale.matchOS which defaults to "false".

I don't see any way to set that except in about:config. Note that I
haven't tried this one, so I don't know how/if it works.

The second is general.useragent.locale, which determines the interface
language when "matchOS" is false. It can be set in
Preferences/Appearance/Languages and Content. If Hungarian is shown in
the window, select it, click "OK", and restart Firefox. If it is not,
someone with actual Firefox experience will probably have to assist you.