[opensuse] WiFi setup
  • From: Alec Ross <alec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:02:58 +0000
Hi,

I'm looking for advice on setting up a WiFi connection to an openSUSE
10.2 installation.

I've been trying to use a Belkin wireless G, version 3000uk card, having
been told that this version has an appropriate chipset to work w/ SuSE
10.0, and openSUSE 10.2. (Though not - at least directly - w/ 10.1) I
have also been told that it has worked OTB w/ a fresh installation of
10.2.

My WiFi setup uses a Thompson SpeedTouch 585(i) v6 ADSL2 gateway, using
NAT, and PSK.

I've been unable to set up a connection with the above. Can anyone

- confirm that the above card should work
(or suggest alternative(s))
- give some fairly detailed info on how to set up the card

(I'd rather avoid any indirect route, e.g. using ndiswrapper.)

TIA.

Alec
--
Alec Ross