Re: [opensuse] Mouse movement Jerky!
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:01:53 -0500
On Thursday 18 January 2007 22:56, John Pierce wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have just installed opensuse 10.2 on an older computer for my son
> and the mouse is jerky.

/snip/

> Here is what I am experiencing, even on a desktop with nothing open if
> I move the mouse around the screen it will move with a sudden stop and
> then start moving again. It seems (I have not timed this) to stop
> about every 2 seconds with about a 0.5 second delay before it starts
> moving again. This I set the screen resolution to 1024x768 down from
> 1152x864 to see if that would make a difference but it would not. I
> have disabled just about everything thing that may run in the
> background with the exceptions of critical system components.
/snip/

I saw something like this in Windows once. It seems I had a 3-button
mouse protocol installed, instead of a 2-button. (5-bit instead of 3-bit, if I
remember correctly.) I don't know if there is this kind of option in Linux.
Did you have the mouse connected when you did the install?

Good luck--doug