[opensuse] Help with palm
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:16:15 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

I'm trying to get SuSE 10.2 to work with my girlfriend's Palm Z22. Currently, if I plug the USB connection in, I see /dev/pilot pop into existence, and it goes away if I unplug the device. However, that's it for anything useful.

If I use pilot-xfer, it claims that the port /dev/pilot doesn't exist and quits.

If I try to put the pilot-applet into the gnome panel, it stays red and won't do anything. The very first time, it got part way through its setup procedure, but then hung up when trying to read the user information from the palm device.

TIA for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Simon.

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz